Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Falling In Love With Swords and Wizardry

I splurged recently and picked up copies of Knockspell #1 and #2, Swords and Wizardry, and the S&W monster book. Of course, I had my downloaded copy of the rules beforehand and had gone through them more than once, but in seeing it all out on paper, I feel inspired by it. I'm beginning to see Thylia more and more in the light of Swords and Wizardry and am rapidly coming to a point where I'll use it instead of AD&D 2e if and when Thylia becomes an actual game.

Now all I have to do is find a group of gamers.

And some free time.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff; although not everyone agrees with me on this, my feeling is that S&W is a lot like AD&D/2e in that it is a basic framework on which the game master is encouraged to build if he wants. The difference is mainly that S&W is even more basic than AD&D/2e.

    ReplyDelete